Born after April 1, 1985 - Go to questions for the next person
 Yes - Skip to 15a
b. Where did this person live 5 years ago (on April 1, 1985)?
(If outside U.S., print answer above and skip to 15a.)
 No, lived outside the city/town limits
If in college or Armed Force in April 1975, report place of residence there.
"Mark Yes, this house if this person lived in this same house or apartment on April 1, 1975, but moved away and came back between then and now. Mark No, different house if this person lived in the same building but in a different apartment (or in the same mobile home or trailer but on a different trailer site)."
b. Where did this person live five years ago (April 1, 1975)?
"If this person lived in a different house or apartment on April 1, 1975, give the location of this person's usual home at that time.
Part (1) If the person was living in the United States on April 1, 1975, print the name of the State. If the person did not live in the United States on April 1, 1975, print the full name of the foreign country or Puerto Rico, Guam, etc.
Part (2) If in Louisiana, print the parish name. If in Alaska, print the borough name. If in New York City - print the borough name if the county name is not known. If an independent city, leave blank.
Part (3) If in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont, print the name of the town rather than the name of the village or city, unless the name of the town is unknown.
Part (4) Mark Yes if you know that the location is now
inside the limits of a city, town, village or other incorporated place, even if it was not inside the limits on April 1, 1975."
482. Persons Living in the Same House as in 1935.-For all persons who on April 1, 1935, were living in the same house or structure as at present, enter in col. 17, "Same house," and leave cols. 18, 19, and 20 blank.
483. Persons Living in the Same Place but different House in 1935.-For persons who, on April 1, 1935, were living in a different house but in the same city, town, or village as at present, enter in col. 17 "Same place," and leave cols., 18, 19, 20 blank.
484. Persons Who Have Moved From One place to Another in the United States Since 1935.-for persons who have moved from one place in the United States to another since April 1, 1935, record the place of residence on that date as follows: If the place of residence on April 1, 1935, was a city, town, or village of 2,500 or more, enter the name of the place in col. 17, the county in col. 18, and the State in col. 19, except that for cities of 10,000 or more, the county may be omitted.
485. If the residence on April 1, 1935, was in the open country or in a village of less than 2,500, enter "R" (for rural) in col. 17; the county in which that residence was located, in col. 18; and the State in col. 19.
486. In case of doubt as to whether a place had a population of 2,500 or more, enter the name of the place, with county and State, as if it were definitely known to have more than 2,500 inhabitants.
487. For persons who, on April 1, 1935, had their usual place of residence in one of the outlying Territories or possessions of the United States, or in a foreign country, enter dashes in cols. 17 and 18, and write the name of the Territory or possession, or of the foreign country, in col. 19.