|2018 ACS||2011 ACS||2004 ACS||1970 Form 2 Metro|
|2017 ACS||2010 ACS||2003 ACS||1970 Form 1 Metro|
|2016 ACS||2009 ACS||2002 ACS||1960 5%|
|2015 ACS||2008 ACS||2001 ACS||1950 1%|
|2014 ACS||2007 ACS||2000 5%|
|2013 ACS||2006 ACS||1990 5%|
|2012 ACS||2005 ACS||1980 5%|
 None OR Annual amount - Dollars
$[ ][ ][ ],[ ][ ][ ].00
Add entries in questions 32a through 32h; subtract any losses. If total amount was a loss, write "Loss" above amount.
229. Item 31a. Entry for each sample person 14 years old or over.-There must be an entry of an amount or a check in the "None" box for each person 14 years of age or over who is on a sample line. The amount must be entered to the nearest whole dollar, not in dollars and cents. Enter " 10,000 + " if amount received was more than $10,000. Accept the respondent's best estimate if he does not know the exact amount.
230. Time period covered by item 31a.-January 1, 1949, through December 31, 1949.
231. General definition of wages or salary.-The total amount of money earned by a person for all work done as an employee. This may have been earned on more than one job during the year. X age and salary income includes "take-home" pay plus all deductions and contributions such as deductions for withholding tax, Social Security, etc. It also includes receipts from the following sources-tips, piece-rate payments, nonmilitary cash bonuses, a share of the profits if received by an employee in addition to wages or salary, armed forces pay. National Guard pay, and cash pay received by a farm laborer or manager.
232. "Take-home" pay is not total wages or salary.-The respondent may often report the "take-home" pay, that is, wages or salary minus deductions for withholding tax, retirement pay, union dues, war bonds, etc. If "take-home" pay is reported, the deductions should be added to it and the total counted as wage or salary income. If the respondent knows only the amount of "take-home" pay, it may be necessary to itemize the deductions in order to get an estimate of the total before deductions.
233. Some specific types of wages and salaries:
234. Receipts not counted as wages or salary: