The Census of 1930
Schedule No. 1 Population.
State __________, Incorporated place [Insert proper name and also name of class, as city, village, town, or borough] ________________. County __________, Ward of city __________;
Block No. ________.
Township or other division of county [Insert proper name and, also, name of class, town-ship, town, precinct, district, etc.] __________. Unincorporated place [Enter name of any unincorporated place having approximately 500 inhabitants or more] __________________. Institution [Insert name of institution, and indicate the lines on which the entries are made] _________________________________.
- Place of Abode:
Street, avenue, road, etc.
- House number (in cities or towns).
- Number of dwelling house in order of visitation.
- Number of family in order of visitation.
- Name of each person whose place of abode on April 1, 1930, was in this family. Enter surname first, then the given name and middle initial, if any. Include every person living on April 1, 1930. Omit children born since April 1, 1930.
- Relationship of this person to the head of the family.
- Home owned or rented.
- Value of home, if owned, or monthly rental, if rented.
- Radio set.
- Does this family live on a farm?
- Color or race.
- Age at last birthday.
- Marital condition.
- Age at first marriage.
- Attended school or college any time since September 1, 1929.
- Whether able to read and write.
Place of Birth:
Place of birth of each person enumerated and of his or her parents. If born in the United States, give the State or Territory. If of foreign birth, give country in which birthplace is now situated. Distinguish Canada-French from Canada-English, and Irish Free State from Northern Ireland.
Mother Tongue (or native language) of Foreign Born:
- Language spoken at home before coming to the United States.
- Year of immigration to the United States.
- Whether able to speak English.
Occupation and Industry:
- Occupation: Trade, profession, or particular kind of work, as spinner, salesman, riveter, teacher, etc..
- Industry: Industry or business, as cotton mill, dry goods store, shipyard, public school, etc..
- Class of worker.
Whether actually at work yesterday (or the last regular working day):
- Yes or No.
- If not, line number of Unemployment Schedule.
Whether a veteran of U.S. military or naval forces:
- Yes or No.
- What war or expedition.
- Number of farm schedule.